Well, now it's easier to ask for help because I finally understood the problem. Getting the error left in the top of the stack, I could verify the problem is at least one file could not be opened.

Cutting and copying DLLs from the DLLs directory to the current directory, I conclude the executable can find lua51.dll and probably most of files. However, two files cannot be opened: iuplua.dll and iupluacontrols, despite both are included in the path.

I believe is not coincidence the fact that the two DLLs are called by the instruction "require":

require('iuplua')

require('iupluacontrols')

Usually, the instruction "require" receives as argument the name of a Lua script, Internally, I don't know how the stack can distinguish one from another.

Without excessive hopeness, I tried to open the libraries inside the Pascal code, doing:

luaopen_iuplua(l)

luaopen_iupluacontrols(l);

It doesn't work of course. If I copy the two DLLs to the current directory, the program executes normly, but I would understand exactly the reason I could not leave then in the DLLs directory.

The precise error text is:

Error

An unhandled exception occurred at $004015A8 :

EInOutError : File not open

$004015A8

----- Original Message ----- From: "Graham Wakefield" <wakefield@mat.ucsb.edu>