> no need for new operators; functions do quite well.

I know that's the common response, but I argue otherwise...If I'm
building a complex application where every process is constantly
firing off messages to other processes. Or in a Micro kernel
framework, where to even write to the disk I have to fire off a
message, the last thing I want to do is write:

luaproc.send(proc, ["write", "foo"])

it's much, much cleaner, faster and easier to just write:

proc ! ["write", "foo"]

and makes more sense....or at least:

proc.send(["write", "foo"])

So I guess functions could work....but I still think the Erlang method
is cleaner.

Timothy

--
“One of the main causes of the fall of the Roman Empire was
that–lacking zero–they had no way to indicate successful termination