On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 3:58 AM, steve donovan
<steve.j.donovan@gmail.com> wrote:
> An friendly means to interoperate with Objective-C would be a fine and
> useful thing.  I know there's some experts-only imcomplete bindings
> out there, but they came with warnings ;)

You might be interested in a Lua/Objective-C project I've been working
called Wax (even though it sounds like the complete opposite of the
Objective Lua project ;) You can view the source here
http://github.com/probablycorey/wax

It let's you write Lua code that interoperates with Objective-C. So
instead of calls like this...
UIView *view = [[UIView alloc] initWithFrame:CGRectMake(0,0,100,100)];

you write pure Lua code like...

local view = UI.View:initWithFrame(CGRect(0,0,100,100))

It uses the Objective-C runtime that gives you automatic access to
every Objective-C Class and Framework. I have released several iPhone
apps with it and am looking for comments and suggestions on it.