I wanted to point out that I am having an issue using mochalua;
I see folks talking about it here occasionally so maybe someone can shed some light.

I was running into an issue where I would first create a lua_State, then execute luaL_openlibs;

however if you subsequently create a new lua_State and execute luaL_openlibs again; it fails to open the libs in the new state.

after a lot of digging, i found that the lua_registry is implemented as a static 'global' in class LVM;
 meaning that the registry seems to maintain knowledge beyond a lua_State;

it keeps the knowledge that I've previously loaded the libraries and so doesnt load them properly again; at least that is my best guess.

has anyone ran into such an issue?  and perhaps has a workaround?

unfortunetly the class LVM is not publicly accesable so I can't manually reset m_registry; unless I compile it from source which I may have to.

there also seems to be a reinit() function defined in LVM; this seems to show that there was intent to allow resetting of this.

if any more information is needed please let me know.

Raymond Jacobs
Owner,
Ethereal Darkness Interactive
www.edigames.com