I'm using Lunar, and have found it not to be too bad once I got the "rhythm" of it down. I'm retrofitting it into Bitfighter, a medium-sized game written in C++, and seems to work for Linux, Windows, and OS X.

Chris Eykamp

Martin C. Martin wrote:
Hi,

What libraries would someone recommend for binding Lua to parts of a large, existing C++ code base? It needs to work in both Windows and Linux. I'm looking at LuaPlus (I know, it's a lot more than just a C++ binding), but perhaps that's not the place to start?

The "Lua C API" page at:

http://lua-users.org/wiki/BindingCodeToLua

mentions 11 projects; which ones would people suggest I try first, and are there any that are abandoned or superseded or should otherwise be left until later?

Best,
Martin