On Sun, Nov 29, 2009 at 8:15 PM, Murray S. Kucherawy <msk@cloudmark.com> wrote:
> I export a few C global variables and a number of C functions to the
> scripts, and then use lua_load() to load them and check for errors.
> However, I observed that if I insert a typo into one of the exported
> function names, lua_load() doesn’t return an error even though that’s now an
> unrecognized symbol.

Lua is a dynamic language - new global functions and variables can be
defined (and undefined) at any time. Because of this, there is no
reasonable way for lua_load to know for sure whether a function will
actually exist at a certain point in a script without running it to
that point first. I realise this might seem unfortunate, but it is the
nature of the thing. This is kind of the downside of so

I think that returning dummy values in a dry run.

I'm sorry to