  Have you check the IUP web site? There is a description of the
dependencies you have to install. But if you want to build "everything",
then you will need to download also CD and IM sources.

  IUP, CD and IM makefiles expect the following directory tree:

xxx/
    iup
    cd
    im
    lua5.1    (this is from LuaBinaries)

  BTW, you also will need to install the system development packages:

g++
libreadline-dev
libx11-dev
libxpm-dev
libxmu-dev
libxft-dev
libgl1-mesa-dev
libglu1-mesa-dev
libgtk2-dev

  It will also try to build the Motif driver, simply ignore the compiler
errors and move on.

  I know that this is not very smooth, but it is what we have for now. In
the future you will be able to do "apt-get libiup3-dev", or something
similar.

Best,
scuri