On 23/11/2009 09:50, Ico wrote:
I found no reference to what operating system(s) LuaAV runs on. The only
download on the LuaAV I found is to be a .zip with what seems to be
a MacOS X distribution.

If you explore a bit the links given at 'source' page, you will find for example the page
http://www.mat.ucsb.edu/projects/luaAV/wiki/BuildSteps
which mention:
# dev_linux - binaries and include files for LuaAV dependencies on Linux (Ubuntu)
# dev_osx - binaries and include files for LuaAV dependencies on the OSX platform, 10.4 and >
# dev_windows - binaries and include files for LuaAV dependencies on Windows

It relies on portable libraries. A good, interesting set of graphics (based on OpenGL and shaders) and sound and probably more.

--
Philippe Lhoste
--  (near) Paris -- France