On Nov 16, 2009, at 9:07 AM, Pierre LeMoine wrote:

>> At this point though the question for Microsoft would probably be: How many things will break if we fix this? After all it works as documented by Microsoft. It's just that their choice isn't standards compliant.
> I'm confused. What standards are we talking about?

Microsoft's C library is evidently non-compliant with the ISO C standard. On the other hand, it is compliant with their documented behavior and there are probably a lot of Windows applications that depend on that behavior.

Messing up standards compliance with a successful product makes for painful choices all around -- but Microsoft has plenty of experience with that.

Mark