Everyone,

Thanks for the suggestions ... some of them were helpful.

I've done some more exploration, and I think the issue is I can't send a UDP broadcast packet. I can see non-broadcast packets, but when I select the ip address for broadcast, it doesn't show up. Could it be something with my router? Or lua UDP doesn't really like broadcast? Any suggestions?

Snowdall