On 10/11/2009, at 8:51 PM, Matthew P. Del Buono wrote:

Hello all,

I've been watching LuaJIT for a while now and decided to try integrating it with a 3D application I'm working on. Because a significant amount of work is done with Lua (and Lua code is called on every frame), I thought
there might be a noticeable improvement by replacing Lua 5.1.4 with
LuaJIT 2.

What fraction of the total run time or time per frame is spent in Lua? Could plain Lua be quicker than you think?

Cheers,
Geoff