2009/11/6 Francesco Abbate <francesco.bbt@gmail.com>:
> Otherwise, if I understand well, everyone here is saying loudly:
> you don't need to change Lua, please keep your dirty hands away from it!!
>
> :-)

As Steve suggested changes to the language are welcome. I personnally
asked for the exact same feature as what you need (ie. multiple values
in the [] operator forwarded to the metamethods) some time ago, you
can probably find it in the list archive. It would be nice to have a
simple patch for Lua itself, which could hopefully be integrated in a
future official version. But using appropriate tools will be much much
easier than that, unless you actually enjoy compiler programming in C.