http://flyingmeat.com/voodoopad/docs/scripting.html

Scripting in VoodooPad

There are two ways to script VoodooPad. There's the traditional approach with AppleScript, or you can use two other great programming languages- Python and Lua. If you aren't really familiar with either of these languages, we'd prefer you to pick Python*. Lua is great, but Python has a lot more momentum behind it as well as a lot more documentation.

* In a future release of VoodooPad (think something along the lines of a hypothetical VoodooPad 6), we'll be taking out the Lua support. You'll be able to download a plugin to continue to use your legacy scripts in Lua, but we'll no longer officially support it. So now is a good time to look and see what it would take to move your scripts to Python.