David Manura <dm.lua@math2.org> writes:

> That said, what's permissible is not always beneficial.  That fact
> that you're unsure indicates that others reading your code are likely
> unsure as well.

Yup.  C++ is a language where it is not a good idea to explore the
boundaries of _defined_ behavior because they are so intricate that
you'll confuse human readers, and possibly even the compiler.

Now here we are even messing around _beyond_ the boundary of good
definition (and style).  Since with Lua the contention "a solution in
the spirit of the language will be obtuse/ugly" is even less valid, I'd
keep away from such constructs.

--
David Kastrup