first of all: congratulations with your new release!  It must have
been a hell of a job.

> The shootout site now shows LuaJIT 2:

The pidigits benchmark is nagging me a bit, in particular i'm not sure
if my "matrix optimizations" used in #5 are in fact optimizations when
using lgmp.  (I did those for a Lua only implementation.)  For
example, as shown here

version #7 is still faster and that one doesn't use the matrix trick.
This is on x64, no JIT, but still i'm wondering why the difference...