Hi Mike,

On 1/11/2009, at 11:59 AM, Mike Pall wrote:

It's almost midnight on Halloween here.

That's long gone in this timezone!

Yes, here it is: the first public release of LuaJIT 2.0!

That's awesome, your work is really appreciated!

Built fine on OS X 10.6.

It didn't like my heap code:

$ time lua heap_test.lua
real	2m4.923s
user	2m4.334s
sys	0m0.381s
$ time luajit -O heap_test.lua
real	1m5.412s
user	1m4.874s
sys	0m0.260s
$ time luajit-2.0.0-beta1 heap_test.lua
real	2m3.326s
user	2m2.565s
sys	0m0.281s

As far as I can tell, it really doesn't like the heap integrity check on the skew heap. Is there anything I should try? No guarantees I've written good code, but if you're interested, you can get the heap stuff at http://www.incremental.co.nz/projects/lua.html

I'll try some other map-related stuff I have, but I just ran into a 64 vs 32 hiccup I'll have to straighten out.

Cheers,
Geoff