On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 5:55 AM, David Given <dg@cowlark.com> wrote:

> In general, Lua is completely platform-independent and and needs no
> modification to Just Work on any 32-bit CPU with enough RAM.

That's not always the truth, Lua make extensive use of floating point,
so it is advisable to use integer as numbers for those CPU who do not
have hardware floating-point support.

Also, some CPUs do not support floating point at all and cannot
compile lua without any modification.

Generally, I compile lua with floating point only for x86 cpus which
have SSE support. for ARM and MIPS cpus it is better to use integer as
numbers.