Hello all, I was recently looking at different ways to switch our web application written in Lua from apache to nginx (we are currently using mod_wombat *in production* to earn a living).

One night, I started with the FastCGI devkit threaded.c example, and after a bit'o'hackin started to see some promising results. It is multi-threaded and very lightweight, with Lua VM states that persist between HTTP requests.

So I tossed it up on http://github.com/STPeters/luafcgid and now I have come to the point where I will be building the interface (API?) from Lua land back to the worker thread. I was going to just build a mod_wombat compatible one, but then thought I would ask here - just in case anyone else was interested in one day using this abomination.

WSAPI comes to mind as a potential target...