On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 5:51 PM, Geoff Leyland
<geoff_leyland@fastmail.fm> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sorry to post a luarocks issue to the lua list, but I sent this to luarocks
> last night, and it hasn't shown up anywhere.  Is luarocks a subscriber-only
> list?  Is it a remnant of the luaforge meltdown, or are some of you seeing
> this for the second time - in which case, please excuse me.

The mailman page for the luarocks-developers list at luaforge
currently shows me an error message, so yes, it may be down (I'm
cc'ing the list anyway, to check).

> I just upgraded MacPorts OS X 10.6 and decided to get luarocks 2.0.  So Lua
> is from macports and in /opt/local and luarocks seemed happy to install
> itself in /usr/local.
>
> But then I get an error, I'm afraid I'm not sure where to go from here (and
> it told me to mail you!)

Thanks for the report -- this has already been detected and it's fixed
in svn. I'm preparing a 2.0.1 release for today or tomorrow, fixing
this and other issues that have been reported since the release.

-- Hisham