Sorry, I didn't know that Roberto had updated this library last year.
What is missing in Alien's struct.c, compared to the current
implementation from Roberto's, is specifying alignment (Alien's
struct.c always assumes native alignment) and having spaces (which are
ignored) on the format string.

Struct.c is kind of deprecated on Alien 0.5 by alien.defstruct and
friends, which give a more structured way of dealing with structs
(pardon the pun).

--
Fabio Mascarenhas