Lyndon Nerenberg - VE6BBM/VE7TFX wrote:
The only language I know that is doing this is Falcon (
http://falconpl.org/ ). If there are stats for how many people use
this feature it would be interesting.

Plan 9 has had native Unicode support pretty much since day one (circa
1989).  E.g.:

	int Δt = time(0) - αρχη;

is valid C. There have been no issues with people using visually
similar characters in a way that causes confusion.  Mind you, Plan 9
users tend to be militant minimalists, so nobody uses this feature
just because they can.
Sun's Fortress language also fully integrates Unicode into its
grammar.

Ah, but have you seen the size of a proper Unicode integration?

The more vocal the "militant minimalists" are, the less I trust them. Too much fashion, branding and PR in IT and CompSci these days.

I'll wait for someone to turn out some working code first, else it's all talk...

--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)