On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 6:04 AM, Cosmin Apreutesei
<cosmin.apreutesei@gazolin.ro> wrote:
>>> someday) a pure-lua full http server so I can once and for all get rid
>>> of all those http servers and server interfaces.
>>
>> Like Xavante ;) ?
>
> Like a non-blocking version of Xavante :)

Yes. And while we are at it, how about one that uses all available
processor cores; one lua_State per core.

I would prefer a server framework that does nothing but serve dynamic
content. Static material goes in the CDN (except for tiny bits of HTML
and Javascript which get cached in memory).

I don't even want it do do any logging by default; I want logging to
be done in an application specific way, for instance, I may send log
messages to another application on another server.

I'm working on it. I just completed, and am testing, a binding to Ryan
Dahl's http-parser, which is based on Zed Shaw's Mongrel.

As noted above, decent compliance to the HTTP specification is not
altogether uncomplicated ;)