On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 12:40 PM, Cosmin Apreutesei
<cosmin.apreutesei@gmail.com> wrote:
> The unix way (chaining pipes) approach is as valid a model for http as
> for any other protocol. IMHO the problem is merely cultural - very few
> people code this way nowadays

Part of the problem is that for a significant period, spawning
processes on Windows was expensive.  I rather like the idea of a
system being a bunch of scripts because you get nice module isolation,
deliberately restrictive interfaces.  But (a) no need for the scripts
to all run in their own process and (b) it helps if the stream isn't
just text. Windows PowerShell has some really cool concepts, pity it
is such an odd dog.  I've done experiments with a command shell
integrated with Lua, and it is a pleasure to have something so easily
extended.  But shell development is not a fashionable 21st century
activity.

steve d.