On 29/09/2009, at 1:10 AM, Petite Abeille wrote:

I always wonder why people want to be "isolated" from HTTP: what's the benefit of ignoring the most fundamental protocol a web application is supposed to deal with? A bit like wanting to access a relational database, but not wanting to bother with SQL.

We want to be isolated from high costs of changing site
architecture, not from HTTP per se.

There's also performance considerations. Lighttpd is faster
at serving static files than Lua. A *lot* faster.

Cheers,

JC.