Lua makes up the majority of Lightroom's code -- particularly on single platforms since the Objective-C and MFC C++ pieces are platform specific.

http://troygaul.com/LrExposedC4.html

The biggest problem with dynamic languages and big projects seems to be refactoring since one cannot simply change a declaration and then fix things until it all compiles again. It's also a bit harder to trace dependencies in object-oriented code since one can send a message to an object without importing anything which defines the message. The work around for those issues is being more disciplined about naming and using search and replace.

Mark