On Sep 26, 2009 10:23am, Casey Hawthorne <caseyh@istar.ca> wrote:

> When the title would have been better as "Implementing other languages
>
> to run on the LuaVM".

Sorry, my title didn't communicate everything that I wanted to talk about.

My goals:
1) Create a language that targets the Lua VM
2) Make my language (and Lua) run in places where Lua cannot currently run, i.e XNA and Silverlight by implementing the Lua VM in C#.

#1 is more of a long term learning/toy project and lead me to Lua in the first place. Somewhere along the way I discovered that Lua the language is quite nice and that got me thinking about #2. I have projects in both XNA and Silverlight which could benefit from the Lua language but I found no way of running Lua in these platforms. So I thought I'd take a crack at implementing the VM in C# and so far it has been a fairly successful project. This post was mainly to talk about what I was doing and get feedback on it.

So far it seems a pure .Net Lua VM may be worthwhile, so, I'll continue working on it.

Thanks for the feedback!

Anthony