Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo wrote:
I thought of a solution, where the program assigns each user (that is, each group of scripts) a separate environment and calls those scripts within that environment. But AFAIK, there is no way to have a package.path per an environment, there is only one package.path.

Why not a separate Lua state for each user?

My program is pure Lua. To assign users separate Lua states, it must use some external library, e.g. Rings. Thanks for the advice, this is certainly an option worth to be considered.

--
Shmuel