Gavin Wraith wrote:
In message <89d273ba0909220127g7c1c3696k656c9e2721c4deec@mail.gmail.com>
you wrote:

But the question du jour is more whether Lua can be used as a good
introduction to programming, not necessarily as a 'trade skill'.

I think Lua would be a very good first programming language,

I can only speak for myself, but I never really understood object-oriented
programming until I encountered Lua. The reason for this, I think, is
that Lua lets you maintain a reasonably accurate mental picture of
how data is structured in memory.

Bing! I agree completely here. And I'll add that since it's an
interpreter, you can experiment very painlessly.

Ralph