On Sep 21, 2009, at 1:54 PM, Pierre LeMoine wrote:

I'm wondering if anyone has implemented a ftp server in lua, or if
there is such a project somewhere?

Not that I know of, but... out of curiosity... what do you use FTP for in 2009?

xFTPd appears to be scriptable:

"Scripting capability provided by Lua

xFTPd's central FTP server is entirely driven by Lua to control the user's interaction with the file system, the file servers, the configuration, the IRC client, and also to extend its capabilities without going through the process of compiling the sources for every modification. Lua also reduce the server's down-time by allowing the system administrator to add, remove, modify and reload any Lua script in real time without shutting down the FTP access to users."

http://www.xftpd.org/wiki.php?Features