steve donovan <steve.j.donovan@gmail.com> writes:
>> for v in myobject:myiterator do print(v) end
>
> This seems a wee bit odd, to make a core change so that we save two
> characters and end up confusing people anyway.

Yup, this proposal doesn't make much sense to me...

[Whereas the alternate proposal, to just make foo:bar without parens do
the "obvious" thing, and return a closure that captures foo, makes quite
a lot of sense -- on the surface at least, it seems to be very natural
behavior.]

-Miles

--
Year, n. A period of three hundred and sixty-five disappointments.