2009/9/10 Jim Jennings <jennings.durham.nc+lua@gmail.com>:

>> On Tue, 8 Sep 2009 11:59:01 +0200,  Jerome Vuarand
>
>> Either you knew it and you purposefully omitted to mention it, or you
>> didn't and in that case you may have underestimated the possibilities
>> of the existing Lua module system. In both cases something feels wrong
>> to me.
>
> It's certainly not polite to imply that I purposefully omitted this point.
>  Do you realize that by suggesting it, you are assaulting the integrity of a
> person that you do not even know?  Perhaps you were in a foul mood, or
> feeling needlessly defensive.

I didn't imply you did it on purpose, I just stated that it was a
possibility. As you say I don't know you, and I have no way to know to
what extent you may want to deliberately (and publicly) despise
existing competitors of your new product (and I do realize you've
stated it's not a direct competitor of the Lua module system). I'm
glad to know it was not intentional, and I'm sorry you took it as an
assault.

People (not you, obviously) often don't understand the Lua module
system very well. It's simple yet flexible and powerful. Not that long
ago we had yet another verbose discussion on this mailing list because
someone didn't want to take the 5 minutes necessary to understand how
to preload LuaSocket in a transparent way. I'm just trying to correct
any misrepresentation of that system, because I like it and I'd be
sorry if it changed because some people who didn't get it did some
lobbying against it.