Reuben Thomas wrote:
I just looked into the state of support for curses. The best I can
find is lcurses 0.2, which seems basically to be abandonware.

I looked at lcurses a bit for WordGrinder, but eventually decided to roll my own instead --- I only needed a small amount of functionality but what I did need I needed with Unicode (is that grammar?).

You're welcome to use it, though --- there's a basic bludgeoned-together-but-useful GUI library with support for things like forms and basic widgetry that you could rip out.

│
│ "They laughed at Newton. They laughed at Einstein. Of course, they
│ also laughed at Bozo the Clown." --- Carl Sagan