Wow, terrific, thanks for the amazingly quick fix for Coco.

I'm also trying to build and try out the RVM patch. It doesn't patch
cleanly against the Lua 5.1.4 sources, so I'm going and cleaning it up
by hand. Mostly this is straightforward. There are a few spots where I'm
stuck though: the Lua 5.1.4 sources have changed
from what the RVM patch is trying to replace. I'm not familiar with
these sources yet, so don't know what's the right merge.

The wiki says that Greg Falcon aka VeLoSo has taken over maintenance of
the RVM patch. Is there any version floating around against the current
Lua sources? Is noone using this patch anymore? From what I've seen on
the mailing list it looks that, though there's no development happening
on it, it's still regarded as a solid and viable option?

--
Jim Pryor
jim@jimpryor.net