Thanks Paul!

I will give this technique a try in Grunt as it does look easier (and more
efficient) than a VFS solution. If we can put DLLs as well as Lua scripts in
resources this would be a self-contained solution to packaging Lua
applications in executable form. Sadly though, Windows only - but you cannot
have everything!