On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 4:06 AM, RJP Computing<rjpcomputing@gmail.com> wrote:
> I would love this. Please, oh please add this. I have worked with the
> hacks and they are not great.

It seems very doable, since _popen/_pclose in Windows console apps
works in a fairly standard way.  Adding an explicit pclose method
would be easy, although getting sensible errors (i.e. if called on a
file object not returned by popen) might take some work.

For Windows GUI apps, then one has to use something like lua-ex since
the C runtime version only works for the console subsystem. But this
is not Lua's problem ;)

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/96ayss4b(VS.80).aspx

steve d.