On 20/08/09 15:54, Javier Guerra wrote:
On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 8:39 AM, Lawrie Nichols<lawrien@gmail.com>  wrote:
a) abandon the use of the cache, and simply do the lookup each time.
b) run the GC after any modification to one of the underlying tables in
order to remove the cache entry in the cache table; this is unappealing as
thousands of entries could be updated in the underlying tables.
b) do some kind of manual check on the cache entry to see if it still
matches the data in the underlying table. I suspect this would degenerate
into nothing better than a).
d) use the 'changed condition' as part of the key to your cache.

Sorry, I don't understand what you're saying. Could you expand on this a little please ?

Thanks

Lawrie