On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 11:06 AM, Jerome
Vuarand<jerome.vuarand@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/8/16 Jan Schütze <JanS@dracoblue.de>:
>> I would like to try out couchdb with lua. Is there any library, yet?
>
> AFAIK there is none yet. But you can use LuaSocket [1] for the HTTP
> requests, and JSON4Lua [2] to encode and decode request content.
>
> [1] http://www.tecgraf.puc-rio.br/~diego/professional/luasocket/
> [2] http://json.luaforge.net/

If you need a document database, you could also try Tokyo Cabinet with
its Tokyo Tyrant server which uses Lua as its UDF language (instead of
JS for CouchDB). I am really having fun with it. There is a Lua module
to communicate with it:
http://github.com/phoenixsol/lua-tokyotyrant

The network protocol is easy to understand so you could also write your own.
And there is a C library in case you want better performance.

--
Bertrand Mansion
Mamasam