On Sun, Aug 16, 2009 at 3:42 PM, François
Perrad<francois.perrad@gadz.org> wrote:
> For creating a DSL (Domain Specific Language),
> you have choice between writing your own parser or extending a language.
>
> Since its origin, Lua is well suited for data oriented DSL.
> But for declarative DSL, the mandatory use of parenthesis for arguments function
> (except in case of a single string or table) is a big limitation.

I would suggest, go with the language, don't fight it.  Try some
various syntaxes out on your users.

IHMO, your notation seems kinda klunky, it can be done using standard
Lua idioms, as has been suggested.

As for doing your own DSL (as also suggested), man that's an
(unnecessary) road of pain.

steve d.