On Aug 16, 2009, at 2:22 PM, Michael Newberry wrote:

This is what I was talking about when I asked about the carbage collector "What defines being "used" by lua?"

It is considered used if Lua can find it by following references (but NOT lightuserdata pointers) from global variables or the Lua stack.

For some reason, lua believes it is time for this userdata to be deleted. Why?

Probably because you returned lightuserdata from CreadeData() instead of userdata?

Where is the userdata being returned and/or stored?