As I've mentioned a couple of times before on this list, I spent the
last few years working on a dissertation about software developers in
Rio, which has a few chapters dedicated to Lua (2.2, 2.3, a part of
1.2 plus additional mentions here and there). The dissertation is now
finished, and if anyone is interested, you can look at it at
http://takhteyev.org/dissertation/

Just to be clear, the dissertation deals with the social side of Lua
(and software development more broadly). The technical issues are
discussed only on a very basic level and only when absolutely
necessary.

Many thanks to the people who have offered their time!

Comments and questions are welcome. Given the length, don't feel you
need to "RTFD" before volunteering comments. (Consider, though,
whether a private discussion may be more appropriate than emailing the
list.)

 - yuri