Cosmin Apreutesei wrote:
> > if you're interested in the idea, i can dig the code to help somewhat
> > better, since i really don't remember how 'threading independent' the
> > code resulted in the end.
>
> [hit send too fast] Since you spent some time in that direction, how
> about a front-end-only API for just solving async. callbacks (the ones
> called from an external thread, signal traps, etc.)? Would it be
> possible without the backend part? Can't figure out the requirements
> for enough genericity...

sounds interesting, i'd like to hammer out this idea.  (maybe should we take this off-list?)

first, i'd like to define a simple, non-threading, C API; suitable for binding libraries with async APIs (like yours).  in principle, this would still need the implementor (you) to write the C binding code.  Of course, if you want to avoid make and friends, you could use Lua-TCC to compile at runtime :-)

any thoughts on this?

--
Javier