On 26/07/2009 18:18, Cosmin Apreutesei wrote:
Is there a way to get the address of a buffer object? I need to store
the address of a buffer in a structure that I'll pack with
alien.struct.pack. The only solution I have found till now involves
creating another buffer just to store and later retrieve the address
of the first one.

I used a buffer in a short test of Alien:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/272425/calling-win32-functions-returning-strings-with-alien-in-lua
I am not sure if it answers your question, as I used it in a function call, not a structure.

--
Philippe Lhoste
--  (near) Paris -- France