Aha; Thanks, Fabio.

So then I need to wrap those C functions with my own, correct?
( I'm still pretty ignorant of C, unfortunately... I wonder if I can do an implicit conversion, and 'shoe-horn' longs in there? I'm about to try it, but do please reply if you have an answer. )

The relevant functions are from 'tcrdb' in tokyotyrant; three which take 'uint64_t' timestamps in microseconds, and two which return them.
Is there another way to do this manipulation? Or am I just being silly? (I'm pretty sure I can write a little C.)

Thanks a heap,
Phoenix Sol