On 4/07/2009, at 3:17 AM, Hans van der Meer wrote:

Working on a Macintosh under MacOSX I am trying to get the XCode build settings in shape for compilation of a Lua C-module into module.so; starting with the XCode-template for a BSD dynamic library.

Having read the instructions for using make I have the following question:

Why does one prescribe for the Mach-O Type the choice "bundle" (mh_bundle) instead of "dynamic library" (mh_dylib). Both seem to work when the result is "require"-ed. Does it matter? Or is there a fundamental difference I am overlooking?

I've got an XCode template for a lua plugin that you could use if you want. It's not much, but it took me a while to work out how to make a template, so it might save you some time.

Cheers,
Geoff