Duncan Cross <duncan.cross@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have noticed a few things just skimming it now:
>   - One of the table constructors {[-900] = 3, [+900] = 4} - Lua actually does
>     not support the "unary plus" and throws a parse error at this.

Ack and changed.

>   - Potential for confusion, maybe:
>
>       x:move (2, -3)
>       object call: shortcut for x.move(x, 2, -3), x will be assigned to self
>
>     ..."x will be assigned to self", only if x.move was also created using the
>     same syntax. Someone could misread this as 'whatever parameter was named
>     "self", wherever it appears in the parameter list, will be set to x'.

What wording would you propose instead? Perhaps removing the "x will be
assigned to self" altogether?

>   - setmetatable and setfenv returns the table/function, I don't know if you'd
>     consider this worth mentioning in this but I find it quite useful

setmetatable: ack and changed.

setfenv: the manual says "As a special case, when f is 0 setfenv changes
the environment of the running thread. In this case, setfenv returns no
values." So I'll leave it as it is.

>   - string.byte also allows two parameters to get the numerical code of each
>     character in a range

Ack and changed.

>   - Would it be worth mentioning how strings by default have a metatable set
>     allowing for method calls that use the string table (and how you can use
>     it on string literals only if you put them in parentheses)?

I've included a note to that effect.

Thanks for reporting. I'm going to wait a few more days for possible
further feedback and then go ahead with a new draft.

--
cheers  thomasl

web: http://thomaslauer.com/start