I recently discovered the existence of lua and want to investigate more
about what I could do with it.

I installed Lua (5.1.4 - built on Centos ), installed luarocks and Nanoki.
I also installed the required modules (filesystem, luasocket, lzlib and
slncrypto) . 'luarocks list' displays these modules as installed. so far,
I did not get any error messages, so I assumed everything is OK.

When trying to launch Nanoki, I get the following 'lua:
./TCPServer.lua:15: module 'socket' not found: ....(more error messages
about files not found) '
As far as I can see this means that socket.lua, although present, cannot
be found by lua.

Also, I do not have a LUA_PATH variable set. Anyone able to point me in
the right direction ?

Thank you very much in advance.