On 17/11/2007 19:04, PA wrote:
Anyone took the time to compile Lua for the iphone/itouch?

I was curious to see if somebody raised the question on the ML...
I just read an interesting article on the App Store:
Full Commodore 64 Emulator Rejected from App Store <http://toucharcade.com/2009/06/20/full-commodore-64-emulator-rejected-from-app-store/>

An interesting part is the extract of the SDK agreement:

[...] we cannot post this version of your iPhone application to the App Store because it violates the iPhone SDK Agreement; "3.3.2 An Application may not itself install or launch other executable code by any means, including without limitation through the use of a plug-in architecture, calling other frameworks, other APIs or otherwise. No interpreted code may be downloaded and used in an Application except for code that is interpreted and run by Apple's Published APIs and built-in interpreter(s)."

I immediately thought: wow, it excludes Lua and lot of other stuff.
Maybe you can do your hack, but it excludes you from the App Store, the big window that would let your application to get fame and money...

I am still happy not to have an iPhone. :-)

--
Philippe Lhoste
--  (near) Paris -- France