[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: Re: Next version of Lua - new 'createtable' function
- From: Peter Cawley <lua@...>
- Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 16:21:28 +0100
It could be because Lua scripts already have a way to create tables.
If the standard libraries had a table.create function, then what
arguments would it take?
* none? In which case, it gains nothing above the existing ability to
* narray, nhash? In which case, the standard library API implies
things about the underlying implementation details of tables in other
implementations of Lua.
* size? In which case, how would a single size argument translate to
narray and nhash?
On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 4:15 PM, Marco Antonio Abreu<firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Thank you Fábio.
> In this case it will work properly.
> So, even the Aline libray has the function, we get back to the original
> question: Why there is no native function to mirror lua_createtable() from
> the C API?