Hi,

I am using LUA on Handheld Pocket PC based device. When i try to load a file which has around 500 local variables, the lua loadfile function throws the above error?

The only talk about this issue is lua_users forum is being addressed by you here.

I even tried to change my lparser.c with the above recommendation even after that i am getting the same error.

Is there a fix already available and if so, please point me to that. And also if there is a better way to handle this please enlighten me.

Thanks
Sivan

PS: I am providing a sample of the code here.

local GUIERRORBASE  = 5000
-- Common Error Returned By BRSTK
local BRSTK_VALIDATION_SUCCESS = 0
local BRSTK_VALIDATION_FAILURE = GUIERRORBASE+1001
local BRSTK_SCAN_NOT_FOUND = GUIERRORBASE+1002
local BRSTK_FIELD_NOT_FOUND = GUIERRORBASE+1003
local BRSTK_LABEL_NOT_FOUND = GUIERRORBASE+1004
local BRSTK_INVALID_SERVICE_XML = GUIERRORBASE+1005
local BRSTK_INVALID_CATALOG_XML = GUIERRORBASE+1006
local BRSTK_VALIDATOR_LOAD_FAILURE = GUIERRORBASE+1007
local BRSTK_SERVICE_NOT_INITED = GUIERRORBASE+1008
local BRSTK_MEMORY_ALLOC_ERROR = GUIERRORBASE+1009
local BRSTK_VALIDATOR_NOT_FOUND = GUIERRORBASE+1010
local BRSTK_END_OF_FILE = GUIERRORBASE+1011

-- It goes like this for 500 variables.