I found some discussion open for the next version of Lua. So let me add
some wishes:

1. Tt would increase performance to have some more functions for
slicing of strings and tables/lists. An extra slicing library could be a
large productive gain.

2. There are binary operators (or, and, xor, ...) missing in Lua. (I
mean operators on the bit level.) Embedded systems usually work on this
binary level very often and Lua could really benefit from these. Lua
should offer these without addon libraries or using LuaX enumerations.

3. Complex numbers might be another extra for some scientific
applications.

Regards BB